The position of Technology Classroom Teacher will plan a course of study/program for students with visual impairments, including students with additional learning challenges that focuses on the use of assistive technology specifically for students with visual impairments. In collaboration with classroom teachers, the candidate will plan and implement AT classes for all CSB students that meet IEP/ITP goals. The candidate will be responsible for preparing lesson plans, writing goals and benchmarks based on target assessment, and write progress reports to document student progress.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Possession of a California Standard Teaching Credential; V/I And Education: Bachelor Degree (Master preferred) Successful passing of CBEST Experience/Desired Qualifications:
- Experience working with students with visual impairments and additional disabilities
- Knowledge of specialized curriculum for students with visual impairments, including students with additional disabilities
- Knowledge of teaching Assistive Technology (AT) to students with visual impairments, including students with additional disabilities
- Knowledge of the California Common Core State Standard for English and Math – must be able to scaffold goals to level of student and write goals to meet the needs of students who are VI and have multiple disabilities
- Must have an understanding of the ECC and have experience implementing curriculum with a variety of students and age-ranges
- Experience writing IEP/ITP goals and implementing them
- Extensive knowledge of Braille and experience teaching Braille to VI students who have multiple disabilities
- Knowledge of assistive technology expected, i.e. JAWS, Braille Note, Zoom Text, SARA, and have experience determining the student’s needs and instructing them on its use.
- Knowledge of LMA and Low Vision assessments– experience in assessing and writing / implementing goals from results preferred.
- Possesses excellent report writing skills
- Possesses excellent collaboration skills, and can work effectively with a team.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a Faculty Application, resume and copies of credentials to:
California School for the Blind
500 Walnut Avenue
Fremont, CA 94536
Attention: James Rudder
For the full position description, use this link: